Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tool #9

I have successfully created a profile with Skype. I have used this to talk to my nephew in China and most recently in Taiwan. It was so exciting to actually see Gray , how he looks, and hear his voice. This tool is wonderful for families separated by thousands of miles. I can only imagine how the loved one feels that is away from all their family. Just seeing and hearing the voice of someone you care about can be very comforting. As far as classroom application of Skype, I can envision connecting to someone , an expert or just someone like my nephew, who can give the class an insiders view of life around the world, new discoveries, etc.
I also downloaded Jing to my desktop. This too will be a fun way to share information with other educators or students in our quest for knowledge and interesting things to bring to our classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment