Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tool #2

As I think about the 21st century and the direction in which education is going, I am thankful the school district is encouraging us to learn and use these tools for the classroom. My niece's husband, a research scientist, has had a blog for years, and, my brother in law, a priest, has a blog followed by a multitude of folks. It is only appropriate that we, the teachers of the next generation , share, and forge ahead in the quest for innovative ideas, tools, and knowledge so our students will be better prepared to meet the challenges they will face.

Yes, I go kicking and screaming as I am somewhat mechanically challenged. I have succeeded in responding to 5 co-workers blogs so I know others share in this aspect of our challenge. Hatty Chatty is miles ahead of most in her skill set of technology so I think we will look in her direction for support as well as creative ideas for the special ed classroom. What a wonderful resource she is! I think Julie, Christy, Joyce, Karen and Lindsey are somewhat circling their wagons as I am although they are perhaps much further along. It has been a very busy summer for me and simply finding time to sit down at the keyboard has been difficult, however there is nothing like an fast approaching deadline to get one moving.

I am excited to have this experience and be able to share ideas, lessons, and thoughts with other educators, particularly in the special education area.

No comments:

Post a Comment