Monday, August 9, 2010

Tool #3

The image generators and mashups are intriguing tools for the classroom. I can see endless possibilities for publishing for our students. As they compose compositions, do projects cooperatively, help make posters for their rooms, etc. the students will be able to work together and have fun seeing their imaginations take form on paper.
I used wordle , a simple, fun way to make a poster of the 6 Math objectives we use to teach elementary Math. Certainly it could be used in many different ways to generate fun, meaningful word posters for any subject. My second choice was dumpr. I used a picture saved on my computer and copied it into a sort of pre arranged layout.
I have so much to learn where technology is concerned and so little time to complete these tasks, so I am going to be moving pretty fast.
Once, I learned how to post gadgets, it was much easier. I did find that sometimes the directions are lacking and it is very time consuming to maneuver via trial and error to get what you want. I am sure a more techno savvy person can zip through, so truly, this is my own fault. Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment